Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Member News: HIRO

From our member artist, HIRO:


I've been working on my art programs and booklets.  Several of them are now part of the Asian Collection of the Library of Congress, and forthcoming -- I am to be interviewed by staff and students of the Univ. of Maryland.  I'm continuing to develop additional art booklets, combining the "word" with my "art."   

This past year I was in Seattle to unveil my painting of a pioneer Japanese American woman who celebrated her 100th birthday.  This diptych painting is now in the collection of the  Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial and the forthcoming Museum.  Also, for the U.S. Navy Medical facility at Corpus Christi, Texas, I presented  a slide/lecture of my artworks and did a hands-on Creative Expression Workshop Through Painting followed by a discussion with the medical staff participants.  It was most fulfilling.  

Best for the future, 
HIRO


http://www.hiro-artist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment