Monday, November 21, 2011
Call for Artists: WCA's 40th Anniversary Traveling Art Journal (Due 2/1)
Calling all WCADC artists!! We are off on the Little Red Traveling Journal project and seek artists who want to create a small piece of original art for the Journal.
This is a game that will send a little red journal on an expedition across the chapters to celebrate WCA’s 40th anniversary. Chapter-and at-large members have the opportunity to embellish the Moleskine journal pages with art and share their inspirations with a wide network of WCA members across the country. In January 2013, the book will travel back to its original location and be put up for auction during the WCA Conference in New York. One lucky bidder will own a fabulous collection of art created by WCA members all across the country!
· WCADC will fill the July month of the journal with art. That means we will have 31 pages
for our work. Don’t miss a chance to participate in WCA’s 40th anniversary.
· Topic: open to your creative inspiration - 2012 is WCA's 40th anniversary celebration.
· You may create/submit 1 to 3 little pieces. If desired, more than one person can collaborate
on a piece. We want to be sure that we have space for as many chapter members as possible to include their work in the journal. If you submit more than one piece, please indicate your priority for including each piece in the journal. Work will be included in the journal on a first come – first served basis. Work that is not included will be returned to you.
· Your Artwork Size: No more than 4 inches high x 3 inches wide x 0.25 of an inch thick. Small
Is good! Your piece(s) must fit into a page of the journal so anything larger than the defined
dimensions will be trimmed down. Please include your name, title of work, and medium with
· Media: any original art – painting, collage, photo, fiber, drawing, printmaking, sculpture
(skinny), artist book (skinny), ceramics (very skinny), carved cardboard, calligraphy, mixed media.
· Deadline: Your piece(s) must be received at the address below by February 1, 2011.
· Mail to: Marilyn J Hayes, 2525 N, Ridgeview Rd, Arlington, VA 22207; Attn: Little Red Journal.
or bring your work to WCADC’s Holiday Brunch on December 4th. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
· I will carefully adhere your work to the July journal pages.
· Documentation: Please send a 4” x6” 300 dpi image of the work to email@example.com, with artist name, title of work, medium, identified by 12/18/11. All submitted work will be documented on our WCADC blog online exhibit. The roadmap of the journal from chapter to chapter will be documented as well.
The game began in the Northern California chapter in October, 2011 and after traveling to the Washington, DC chapter, will travel to the next chapter, in Philadelphia. Will the journal make it from one chapter to the next? Will the post office deliver? Will the journal pages be filled by January, 2013? The Little Red Traveling Journal is a game of creativity, collaboration, and a gigantic leap of faith. Thanks to Priscilla Otani, WCA’s President Elect, for generating this fun game.
Posted by Bonnie MacAllister at 10:37 AM